There is no doubt that seeing a blood on a toilet tissue or in a toilet bowl can cause a shock to many. People can panic thinking that rectal bleeding is a symptom of some dangerous incurable disease, and in some cases they may be right. This is why the first thing a person should do in this situation is to go to a doctor. Whatever causes the bleeding, early diagnosis will help to deal with the problem more efficiently.
In most cases a doctor’s diagnosis is bleeding internal hemorrhoids, which is affected by visceral nerves and can be almost painless, because these nerves transmit the feeling of pressure. Its symptom is rectal bleeding. It is a common, though highly unpleasant condition.
If left untreated, it can lead to the patient experiencing itching, burning and sometimes even pain during the elimination. In some cases, the bleeding may be so extensive that the person suffering from this condition becomes anemic and develops iron deficiency.
Bleeding hemorrhoid can be caused and influenced by a number of factors. The most common reasons for this problem are:
- Improper diet. Eating irregularly, as well as low consumption of fiber can cause stool to become hard, so it may damage rectum and cause the bleeding. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol can worsen the condition.
- Exertion during exercises.
- Obesity can increase the pressure on rectal veins that often leads to rectal bleeding.
- Improper muscle tone and prolonged sitting also lead to increasing the pressure on rectal veins.
- Straining during a bowel movement because of severe constipation can also cause bleeding.
Bleeding hemorrhoids can cause extreme feelings of discomfort and pain but this problem can be treated. In most cases surgery is not required if the person does the following:
- Try to drink more liquids. Six to eight glasses of water a day will help to soften the stool so it won’t irritate the rectum as much.
- Go on a healthy diet. Eat foods rich on fiber, especially fresh vegetables and fruits. Also try to eat regularly so that your digestive system can function properly. This will help to prevent diarrhea and constipation.
- Regularly use rectal bulb to cleanse the rectum from toxins and impurities.
Following this simple advice will have a positive effect on a person’s overall well-being.